The clothing market in Pakistan has seen much growth over the past few years, and we are seeing more and more brands entering the market. With the introduction of new brands, the demand for popular clothing is increasing rapidly.
What is the most popular clothing in Pakistan?
Table of Contents
Pakistan is a country with a rich cultural history and a variety of fashion styles. Below are the five most popular clothing styles in Pakistan:
- Bagh-e-Jilani: This traditional Dress is worn by women in the Punjab region of Pakistan. It consists of a long, flowing skirt with a head scarf.
- Chador: This traditional Islamic Dress is worn by women in Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. It is made from a heavy wool or cotton cloak and kept closed by a headscarf.
- Shalwar Kameez: This traditional popular clothing style is worn by women in Pakistan and India. It consists of a salwar kameez, tunic, and pants, usually light blue or green.
- Just: This traditional clothing style is worn by men in the Sindh province of Pakistan. It is made from a wrap-around cloth that is tied at the waist.
- National: This traditional clothing style is worn by men in the Balochistan province of Pakistan. It consists of a baggy shirt and trousers that are often colourful and patterned.
The Most Popular Clothing Items in Pakistan
Pakistan is a country with a rich cultural heritage and a diverse range of popular clothing styles. Many types of clothing are popular in Pakistan, and each type has unique supporters.
Here are the most popular clothing items in Pakistan:
- Pakistani Jeans
- Pakistani jeans are known for their sturdy construction and comfortable fit. They are typically made from cotton fabric, which makes them lightweight and durable. Pakistani jeans have been widely accepted as one of the best clothing items in Pakistan.
- Shalwar Kameez
- A Shalwar Kameez is a traditional dress worn by women in Pakistan. It is a long shirtdress made of cotton or silk fabrics. Shalwar Kameez comes in many different styles and colours and can be worn to any occasion.
- T-Shirts and Polo Shirts
- T-Shirts and Polo Shirts are two of Pakistan’s most popular clothing items. T-Shirts are made from cotton or polyester fabric and come in various colours and styles. Polo shirts are similar to T-shirts but are made from more luxurious cotton fabrics. T-shirts and Polo Shirts can be found in multiple colours and styles.
How to dress like a Pakistani woman
Pakistani women are some of the most stylish women worldwide and know how to dress to impress.
Here are six popular Pakistani clothing styles that you can adopt to look like a local:
- The Shalwar Kameez: This traditional garment comprises a blouse, skirt, or trousers. It is usually worn with a shawl or scarf and is popular in all areas of Pakistan but especially in the north.
- The Jilbab: This full-length Dress is generally white or light blue and covers the whole body except for the face and hands. It is worn by women of all ages and is considered very conservative.
- The T-Shirt: Pakistani women love wearing T-shirts and tank tops, which are incredibly comfortable and versatile. You can choose from different colours and designs, which are perfect for hot climates.
- The Kameez: This traditional garment comprises a blouse, skirt, or trousers. It is usually worn with a shawl or scarf and is popular in all areas of Pakistan but especially in the north.
How Pakistani women dress
Pakistani women are known for their colourful and stylish clothing. Pakistani women have some of the most popular dresses in the world.
Here is a look at some of the most popular Pakistani popular clothing items.
Pakistani Women’s Clothing:
- Shalwar Kameez
- The Shalwar Kameez is the most popular Pakistani women’s popular clothing item. This outfit comprises a tunic or top and a long, loose skirt or pants. The Shalwar Kameez is typically white or light blue but can be any colour that appeals to the wearer. It is often worn with a matching headscarf or veil.
- It is the traditional wear for women in Pakistan and is very versatile – it can be worn as an outfit for everyday activities or more formal occasions like weddings or funerals.
- The jilbab (Arabic for “robe”) is another classic Pakistani women’s clothing item. This clothing piece is made out of a long, loose-fitting shirt and pants. The jilbab is usually colourless and has a modest neckline. It can be worn with a headscarf or veil,
Types of Pakistani clothing
Pakistan is known for its various clothing types, varying from region to region. In the north, people wear traditional shalwar kameez, while in the south, people commonly wear colourful robes called thobes. In the central areas, people commonly wear Kurtas and sometimes Punjab-style turbans. And in the west, people often wear western clothing such as jeans and T-shirts.
Some popular Pakistani clothing items include the abaya, which is a full-length cloak worn by Muslim women; the shalwar kameez, a traditional garment consisting of a tunic and pants; dupatta, a scarf that women often keep wrapped around their head during religious ceremonies or social events; and the pagri, a type of headscarf that both men and women wear.
Despite its variety, Pakistani fashion is often associated with one specific region – specifically the Punjab province in the northwest. This is perhaps because most of Pakistan’s textile industry is based there. Consequently, Pakistani fashion tends to be conservative and formalized compared to styles prevalent in other parts of the country.
Different types of Pakistani girl’s Dress.
Pakistani girls usually prefer traditional popular clothing such as the salwar kameez or the shalwar kameez. However, girls can choose from many different types of Pakistani dresses. Some popular Pakistani clothing includes the ghagra choli and the chiffon dupatta.
When it comes to popular clothing, people in Pakistan are very fashion-savvy. As a result, the most popular type of clothing worn here is clothing that flaunts a conservative look. This means clothes like salwar kameez (a dress made from long tunics with an overskirt) and shalwar kameez (tunic and pantsuit) are most commonly seen on Pakistani women. Men also tend to wear more conservative attire than women, but they often incorporate western influences into their clothing choices.